Sunday, December 29, 2019

Gold Lettering Diy


* My Own Original Artwork * 

Hello all. 

I’m feeling rather creative at the moment with this new art project I’ve been doing. 

I saw it through Pinterest and wanted to share. It’s how to get gold lettering. I use gold deco foil and a  Kuretake squeezable glue pen. I also use Strathamore artist tiles for paper. Surprisingly, I did better on the black ones verses the white. 

First, what I did, which I also found useful, was to prewrite what I wanted to say on the paper. I would keep the words as simple as possible and avoid long phrases. It becomes harder to use and get the foil in the right places. Once then word is chosen and written out on the sheet of paper, use the glue pen to go over the writing. Try to go as light as possible. This is really important because if it is too thick then it even takes a longer time to dry. The glue starts out as blue but once it drys it becomes clear. Once it is completely done, then put the pretty side of the foil UP and press hard. Don’t let it smudge. Use your fingers or a rolling rubber stamp to get the paper to stick. If it starts to curl then it’s time to lift it up. 

Then it looks beautiful. With me it took several tries to finally get it right. I used almost a whole roll and several blank sheets of paper. You may not get it perfectly on the first try and that is okay. It does eventually get better with the more you use it. 

Some people like to use a laminator for best results. I also found it hard to shop for the deco foil. I got mine from Amazon. The glue pen wasn’t that bad and can be found at a local craft store. 

There you have it. Beautiful gold lettering that will impress your friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment