Monday, December 2, 2019

‘Tis the season to decorate


*Original Photo Taken*

I’ve always thought that you weren’t supposed to put up Christmas decorations until December or at least wait until after Thanksgiving. Sometimes in our household decorations are constantly being worked on because it takes awhile to set everything up. This year I decided to change that and am guilty of putting my little tree up the Monday of Thanksgiving. I couldn’t wait anymore and have been preparing since Halloween. Yes, I know it seems early but it doesn’t stop at the tree. It continues with fashion choices, such as getting a cute shirt to wear throughout the month of December. Some other people in my family, on the other hand, love putting up their decorations a little on the early side. They have good, solid reasons such as other plans and wanting to enjoy them longer.

One reason why people put up Christmas decorations early, according to an article, is that it reminds them of childhood. That Christmas can be very nostalgic. Reminds people of the past and links to understanding themselves better. Another reason is, it just creates happiness. It makes me then think of the Grinch.

Putting the articles aside, I found it to be fun to put up my Christmas tree. Other decorations being worked on are the lights outside. I don’t know if the person doing it would call that fun but will enjoy it the holiday season. Would you put up your decorations early or wait until a more appropriate time?


No comments:

Post a Comment