Saturday, December 7, 2019

Snowflake


*Photo Credit: Pinterest* 

Today’s post is inspired by the new Disney film, Frozen 2. While this isn’t a tag line for the movie, I did think of it because of all the winter, ice and cold themes that they’ve got going on. I was reminded of the phrase, ‘no two snowflakes are alike.’ Where I live, it doesn’t snow like how it does in some other places. If there are hints of snow flurries in the air, people will rush towards the store for bread and milk. Leaving them as if it where a ghost town. I don’t remember too many white Christmases either, just in other States, if visiting family. But going back to the saying, it is meant that each one is a little different. That they’re so different that no multiple ones are the same.

However, upon writing this blog post; as I do some research on the expression, there seems to be some information that proves this classic wrong. So now it’s more like, which to believe?

I’m in favor of the quote. Not just because I understand words but because I think it’s applicable to many situations. That even a situation can be a little obscure like a snowflake. Individual and unique in its own way. That by many can be considered beautiful. How we handle them is what matters.

So this winter, I will try to make a point, to not grumble of the frost that seeps on my car in the morning or how many times I leave my coat at work because it’s now needed. But maybe appreciate it from afar. Like admiring how interesting it is from a window by a cozy, warm fire.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment