Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Single And Ready To Eat A Pringle


*Photo Credit: Pinterest*

I was just casually looking online and came across an interesting quote by the lovely and talented Emma Watson. She has recently announced herself as self partnered, which is an alternative word for single. She used the term in an issue of Vogue magazine.

I have been enjoying the solitude most of my life and have a few thoughts on being single myself. There have been men interested but none of them took it to the next level. For the past several years, things have been so quiet you’d think men have turned into mice or something. Hey, at least I know, despite my experience, that not all of them are rats. Or like an Audrey Hepburn. So what do I do in all that free time I have to myself? I do things I love and spend with people who don’t take the peace away from me. I don’t have anyone to tell me I can’t not do something, I can do whatever I want when I want and I don’t have anyone telling me which lifestyle is best for me.

In fact, I’ve begun to question whether there is the right guy out there for me. That maybe marriage isn’t in the cards for me. I mean I’ve been single this long haven’t I? I wear fun rings on my hand just because you’ve got to have something sparkly every once in a while. I do that for myself. Some days its easy to embrace this possibility and other days it gets serious. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with me in that area. That I’m a girl too.

So the term self partnered is something that I wouldn’t necessarily call myself. But there are a few other celebrities I can relate with in terms of dating and that sort of thing. Being single is a time to get to enjoy your own company. That’s okay with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment