Friday, May 8, 2020

What I Learned

*Original Photo Taken* 

What I Learned During Stay-At-Home-Shelter 

This is the day where it’s allowed to go into phase one for businesses. So still no hair cuts but being allowed to leave the house. I have been back at work for a little bit now and hasn’t been that bad. It’s actually been pretty slow and not as much animals to look after. The work load just means more cleaning. Wearing face masks isn’t as big a deal especially since some still don’t but practicing social distancing. Sometimes while wearing them for long periods of time, they can obscure the vision but it can be adjusted.

Anyways, that’s about it. Here are a few more things I learned while being ‘safe’ not STUCK at home.

Number One: Coloring can have a calming effect.
Even before the pandemic, I always liked to draw. I’m also particularly good at tracing. When the pen hits the smooth surface of the paper, an instant peace takes over. It can be like meditation or something that is repetitive. This helped keep me busy and in the end came out with some pretty artwork.

Number Two: Zoom Meetings and Other Social Media.
You don’t have to do every Zoom meeting your invited to. Sometimes it’s just nice to say hello everyonce in a while to let them know you’re still doing okay. To be updated. If one doesn’t feel like doing video calls all the time, a good alternative is to follow the social channels and stay connected. I do this for work and a social program I attend. I am on my screen a lot. But I’m also a millennial and generally am anyways.

Number Three: Cleaning!
Oh my gosh, you guys! My room goals have never been so strong. For the past year, my room has not looked like my room because my family and I are about to move. Nothing is going up on the walls and the color is a gray. But I feel like the items and belongings I have left are things I want with me when we go to the new home. I just weeded out further on the art supplies, weeded through bookshelves and am keeping up regularly cleaning.

Number Four: Exercise.
Eh this one for me could still use a little more work. I know my dog wouldn’t mind. Walking, running and even golfing is still encouraged because they want us to get out there more. However, this makes me nervous too, because whenever I do this activity, there are always several people doing the same thing. Usually I have never seen this many people get concerned about their health. But it’s not for me to judge. Just try and keep a safe distance from others and go about my work out.

Number Five: Speak Words of Kindness or Acts of Kindness.
If you’re like me, then you also live with your parents. So it’s important to think of others and not just yourself. A little compliment can go a long way or going out of your way to do something thoughtful to help out a little. Make sure that they are able to do their job and take care of yourself during those business hours.

This virus makes me appreciate things a whole lot more and to not take things for granted. I didn’t think that level of gratitude could be taken further but it does. As of now, we’re on the home stretch. Keep being safe at home. I always get annoyed when people say stuck at home. Because if you think about it it’s a time to realize what’s important and do things that are good for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment