Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother’s Day


*Original Artwork Drawn*

Happy Mother’s Day

In the past, I have written down favorite moms from television shows like Karen Roe from One Tree Hill. But for this Mother’s Day, I’m going to blog about what mom means to me.

* * * 

Motherhood is something I’ve never considered for myself but something I’ve always respected other women who choose that lifestyle. Normally I really get along well with them. Not just my own mother who goes through it but also now my sister, who’s a new mom. So this holiday is really special because it’s the first time she gets to experience it.

I used to work at a restaurant part time a long with my current job, the one I have now. This holiday was particularly an eye opener because I had never seen so many mothers not wanting to cook. In hospitality, Mother’s Day is the biggest day of the year. Not just that but the amount of people it takes to work on their special day.

I don’t remember too many breakfasts in bed, but there were handmade cards, gifts when I got older and nice dinners out. So I guess I’m saying we fell into that pattern to, if we could.

This Mother’s Day is a little different. Believe it or not I actually do have one small gift to give that I had tucked aside from Christmas. Gifts is a traditional activity to partake in because it shows how much mothers really mean to us and all that they do. I also always like pictures with my mom on a Mother’s Day because it captures the memory. Sometimes I try to help do little things that will make it easier.

So celebrating family isn’t cancelled this year. It’s something we can still enjoy. How are you going to recognize the holiday this year?



1 comment:

  1. I’m going to celebrate it with my wonderful family! I’m so blessed to be a mama! ❤️

    ReplyDelete