Thursday, May 14, 2020

Saint Anything Thoughts And Summary


Life is Like a Carousel... 

*My own original photo taken*

Besides JK Rowling, one of my other favorite young adult authors is Sarah Dessen. I know through social media she experienced something kinda hard last year but I still read and like her books. I have now read eight out of fourteen of them. The latest is something I was lead to believe as a fan favorite, Saint Anything. Even if I have a little negative thoughts about them, I still enjoy reading these stories.  I keep going, as it’s one of my goals to complete all of them.

My perspective: I couldn’t really relate to the main female character and found her invisibility a little annoying. Why couldn’t she just voice how she felt about hard situations? I also felt that this edition was a little bit darker than some of her others and maybe longer too. I also could not stand the mother. I did, however, love the fierce female friendship between the main character and a different one. Wish there was more of something else too but overall not a bad book. There were some dislikes but I still got something out of the reading material. It had been sitting on my shelf for a while and was itchy to read a book. So knowing it would still be good I picked this one. One last thing, make sure you have some yum yums (lollipops) or French fries while reading this book. I wish someone told me that before reading!

A summary: Sydney is the younger sibling to her older and only brother, Peyton. He is the focus of the family from praise to concern. But when his behavior becomes so reckless that it involves a drunk driving incident, she seems to be the only one who cares about the victim. When Peyton receives even more concentration from his folks, Sydney is left to think of herself. Until one day Sydney meets and kind of becomes part of a family who is nothing like her own. It is here that she enters a judgement-free zone and meets different people. This book has many themes such as family, love, and new found discoveries. The twelfth Sarah Dessen book.
*Disclaimer: Loosely reparahrased from her own personal website and Wikipedia.




No comments:

Post a Comment