Monday, May 25, 2020

Happy Memorial Day



*Original Photo Taken*

Happy Memorial Day! Even though today is a day of rememberance, I still enjoy basic things that help bring out the best of this holiday. I’m not a big healthy eater so eating watermelon doesn’t do it for me. However, I do remember the poppies being worn and the flags being waved. Sometimes there’s even sparklers and hamburgers. If one is lucky, there might be a pool or lake involved. Memorial Day is also kind of like the kick off to a beautiful summer, whereas Labor Day is marking the end of one. I also remember learning about this holiday in school and Flanders Field. It is extra fun when you get to celebrate with the ones you love.

And it’s gotten me to thinking about heroes and heroines. Nowadays, our heroes look like grocery workers, nurses and other front line essential workers. Not only the ones that our protecting our country. That they don’t necessarily need a cape and superhuman strength to battle the new normal. What the future Memorial days will look like? That maybe this holiday being celebrated today, our only superpower is to make it fun and enjoyable.


No comments:

Post a Comment