Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Sunflower Ornaments


*original photo taken*

A favorite pastime of mine has been making sunflower Christmas ornaments. I saw a trend online about the sunflower Christmas tree and decided that I had to have one for myself. I used Pinterest to look up ideas and came across the ornament, which could possibly be great for adding on a tree. Most people just stick them in between the branches but I wasn’t convinced that would work. So thus, came to be the yellow decoration. Today I’m going to be telling y’all how I did my version.

I got clear glass sphere refillable ornaments from a craft store. I bought at least ten. Granted some of them are being used as gifts. I got yellow ribbon. I also got brown and green tissue paper. Then from a different retailer store I got the sunflowers. The whole thing I felt like wasn’t that expensive. I was pleased when I started making it for gifts that I went when I did because they were almost out of the product.

I took a sheet of tissue paper, either color, and crumbled it a little and arranged it in a way to put in the glass ornament. I then put the paper in the orbe. With the sunflowers, I was able to take them off the stem, and take the plastic off holding it together. Then I arranged the petals how I wanted it on top of the tissue paper. Fitting it perfectly in the ornament isn’t going to happen but you don’t want them to be too smushed but just open enough. Then you seal the ornament with the tissue and flower in it. The last step is to use the yellow ribbon through the hole. I added on pony beads as an extra personal touch to them.

But there you have it. Some guidance on how to make a sunflower Christmas ornament.



No comments:

Post a Comment