Monday, November 18, 2019

Monday Messages


*Original Photo Taken*

I feel as if I missed a boat, a big one that sailed out in a different direction. Like the rest of the world. While I love my book, music, and cd collection as much as a girl could, I thought I’d try to sell one part of that. Oh those pleasing sounds to ears. However, after a thorough Google search, I realized this was no easy task. Sure there were potentials and possibilities but the places I would have taken them to are out of business. Completely gone as if erased from memory. I had wondered what happened to them, actually. To me I feel like I might as well keep my two and a half boxes worth and  keep enjoying them. You see, there might be a big change in my life, and wanted to try and clear up space. It’s not about the money. Some of them are good and almost all of them are gently used. I just wanted to see what would go and what would stay put. I’m not even sure about recycling.

I miss the days where big retailers had large selections of entertainment. I sincerely hope that they do not completely go extinct. Some of us still enjoy actually holding a book in hand because audible is a challenge. What will become of the future? A good question we must all be ready for when it happens. Granted I think there will always be people who love the books, music and movies. But it could be in some other shape or form that modifies the world.

It doesn’t make me sad. It’s just realizing how much things have differed.



No comments:

Post a Comment