Sunday, March 8, 2020

Pinkish Thoughts on Women’s Day


*Photo Credit: Pinterest*

“Real queens fix each other’s crowns.”

Today is International Women’s Day and I want to take the time on this blog to write about why pink is a popular and favorite color among females of all different ages. For myself, I can honestly say, I don’t really own any clothing that is of the bright hue. I’m more of a purple gal. That doesn’t mean I don’t dislike the color. It’s just a little scarce in my closet. At a recent baby shower I attended to, the color theme was a lovely pink, white and gold. It was a happy event and the couple in particular is of my own family. I remember a bedroom in my grandparents house decorated in pink wallpaper, growing up. Its a color that has been in different aspects of my life. Whether I’ve known it to be there or not.

So how does pink affect people? According to one online article, both men and women wore the color. It was just another color. It can be referred to in literature or entertainment such as Little Women and The Great Gatsby. Other figures wore it too such as Marilyn Monroe or Mamie Eisenhower. Current examples are Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter and Regina George from Mean Girls.

What does color psychology say about pink and it’s cause? Well, it says the meaning represents compassion, nurturing and love. It is ultimately a sign of hope. This makes sense to me because the color pink is also associated with breast cancer awareness. The first sign of the ribbon goes back to 1979. It is also the leading cause of death in women all around the world.

**In addition, I also want to explain the picture chosen and quote. Because while it’s not so much related to the actual topic of this blog article, it does wholey capture a perspective on the non traditional holiday. Meant to inspire and create a spark from within. Something that pink does for so many people too.**

What does pink mean to you? How do you know the color is in your life? 



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Blog! The purpose of celebrating Women’s day is to celebrate women’s achievements. With women's day activities for office, we can acknowledge the achievements of women and boost gender equality among team employees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to celebrate and raise awareness about International Women’s Day at your workplace then have a look at these International women's day office ideas. It will help your employees to celebrate women's day in a fun and engaging way.

    ReplyDelete