Monday, March 9, 2020

Let Your Light Shine


*Photo Credit: Pinterest*

Last summer, something I enjoyed was catching fireflies. No, they didn’t scare me. There’s kind of an overgrown area that’s a little hidden from down the road of where we live. It never lit up for me when it crawled around on my hand but maybe that’s a good thing. Since fireflies shine their bright light when they attracting another insect. That fact is more typically found in males.

I love their meaning and it’s symbolicism. It is definitely a sign of summer, for me. Not just that but also brings magic and a sense of wonder. It’s like being a kid again when you’re an adult. That the sometimes chaotic ness becomes quieter just for a moment. To some, a firefly can just seem ordinary. Especially, if it’s during the day, but once when night comes around, they shine. This means that things are not always as they seem.

Sometimes we should all be more like a firefly letting hope and joy fill our paths.


No comments:

Post a Comment