Sunday, April 26, 2020

One Year Ago


*Original Photo Taken*

Happiness means a lot of different things. It could mean making sure the wife is not alone, it could mean a nice piece of chocolate, it could even mean a warm puppy. Today it means traveling and adventure. While at the present time, I am safe at home, a year ago today, I was most definitely not. I was far, far away from home in an magical escape called Paris. Where the streets were bustling with people and cars and a cool, historic places. Everything from the Eiffel Tower to Shakespeare In Company. Now whenever I see these landmarks in movies, I think Hey! I’ve been there in person. It just makes it even more special and memorable. It couldn’t have happened without the person I went venturing with, which is someone very close to me. Maybe a few other supportive roles involved too but mostly just us. I’m glad I got to experience it because you just never know. If this Europe trip were to happen in the nowadays, I would be extremely pissed because you can’t. It just goes to show how much a year can make a difference and to start each day with a grateful heart. I would also like to mention, before the Paris traveling there was also London. Where there were great, mighty towers or equally tall buildings to strolling around the city. I didn’t think I would be walking as much as we did but we did know there would be a lot of it. Just didn’t know how much. My foot actually bothered me after the first day but it was worth wobbling on it for the remainder of the trip. Anyways, happiness is sometimes a plane ticket and a whole new outlook. I had only been to one other foreign country before but I was a baby then and don’t remember it. It was to Germany to visit my grandparents, where they worked at the time. Embrace the wanderlust in you, when it is cleared too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment