Saturday, February 15, 2020

The Happiest and the Saddest


*Photo Credit: Pinterest* 

In an episode of one of my favorite television shows, One Tree Hill, Ellie and Peyton discus music when going over Ellie’s records. One of the things they talk about is the happiest song they’ve ever heard and the saddest. Inspired I thought I would try it.

The Happiest Song I’ve Ever Heard:

Anything by the artist Adele. She is a British musician who has out three albums. Granted not all of her music is happy. In fact, one of her albums is kinda like a break up one. But whenever I hear her music on the radio I don’t get tired of it. I can listen to it repeatedly. That’s why I just choose her individually. Hometown Glory, Chasing Pavements, Rumour Has It and the River Lea are just a few of my favorites. Also, her music helps calm me down. Not to go to such lengths but it would be like the harp in Harry Potter taming the beast. Adele to get out of that phunk or to help mellow out.

And now for The Saddest Song I’ve Ever Heard:

Sure there are probably a few that strongly fit this category but I won’t go there. It would be Perfect by Ed Sheeran. I love this album and it’s one of my favorites but this song came at a really hard thing I was going through. It sounds like a wedding song. It came on at work one time and a coworker at the time had said I love this song and I’m like I don’t. They were like really, you wouldn’t want this? It’s not that but there are times when I find myself hard picturing myself with a romantic partner. I automatically play some other station when it airs.

So there you have it. My music taste is a little unusual I’ll admit it but it’s not so weird.


No comments:

Post a Comment