Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Gilmore Girl Wannabe


*Photo Credit: We Heart It

The Rory Character 

I am a fan of the television show Gilmore Girls. It’s been seventeen years since we said bon voyage to the lovely mother daughter team. I am rewatching it for the third time and have a personal preference to a character’s timeline. 

Rory Gilmore is a fictional character who is from the town of Stars Hollow. She has a love for books, coffee and her mother. However, as I watch I find myself missing the high school Rory verses the college Rory. College wasn’t a given in the show. She had to work hard for what she got. The show continues into the only daughters college years at a preppy, high class, fine education center. I relate to the high school Rory more. During this time in her life, I feel as though she was a better friend, and while she had romantic relationships she wasn’t all boy crazy, and in a freakish way really enjoyed school. Through all these things she still maintained a close relationship with her mother and books. 

When she went to college, she didn’t remain true to herself. She sort of becomes out of character. I won’t give away too many spoilers but she kinda grows up. Goes on to want to study journalism but it takes her a while to want it. She faces obstacles and challenges in various aspects of life. A little disappointment, since so much of the show was hyped up about how these would be great years for the character. I disagree that it it made her a way better character.

I admire the high school Rory verses the college Rory. I always like the original series more than the new additions, such as A Year In A Life. Same with Harry Potter. Don’t follow what happens afterwards or pay attention to other franchises just like the basic storyline. I recommend this television show cause not only is it something I remember watching growing up but a mostly feel good show about how important family relationships are in life. 




No comments:

Post a Comment