Monday, January 20, 2020

Remembering Audrey Hepburn


*Image found on Pinterest

“True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she knows.” - Audrey Hepburn

Twenty seven years ago, on this day, we lost a brilliant and one of my personal favorite actors, Audrey Hepburn. She has starred in many well loved films such as Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Sabrina, and Roman Holiday. Not only was she a star but was also involved in organizations and a fashion icon. Appendix cancer is what took her away from us. If she was still here, she’d be 91 as in the month of May. Her actual age, when she passed, was 63.

I have a couple memories of the actor. The earliest being at my late grandmother’s house, of that a Roman Holiday being one of the only movies they had. It wasn’t until later on in high school when Audrey was brought back into my life. It was hard not to like Audrey. At times, I would still be in awe of her life, and read about them in books afterwards.

In my opinion, and I hope no one is truly offended by this, but if one has not heard of the classy Audrey Hepburn, I strongly encourage them to watch a movie of hers. I know that DVD’s are a little harder to find now in stores but maybe it can be streamed online through a service somehow. Highly recommended.




No comments:

Post a Comment