Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Birthdays Personal Notes


*Photo Credit: Pinterest* 

Earlier, it marked the one month away from my birthday. As I write this, I can’t help but feel a little nostalgic about last years adventures. Turning a new decade was pretty exciting. Most parts of it were pretty good and even the parts that weren’t my favorite were still not so bad. Sometimes in my mind, what seems to be at its worst has a funny way of proving itself wrong on that one. Like even the worst tops itself somehow.

I always believed that this new age would be better than my last. I’ve hit some tough times in those previous years, and while not everything will be all stop and smell the flowers kind of way, it will be overcome. I need to be more trusting and patient. The things I want to have happen in my life will happen when they’re supposed to happen. Until then just enjoy the moment. Cause it’s something you won’t get back. (I was going to say ride but that seemed a little too cliche for my liking.)

There are still some things I would like to see change. Breaking bad habits and being comfortable about my image and presence are just a few things I can automatically think of. So maybe that’s something to work on the years ahead. They say things get easier as time moves on but for me it’s just hard. Not wanting to get too deep into that conversation, but it does get a smidge better as some details get forgotten about. (Smidge is one of my favorite things to say. It’s just fun to add.) Sometimes it is entirely me being hard on myself because I want to see something more. But nevertheless, it just is other times.

So I’m hoping that this plus one is just as good as the last year. Not as much as a milestone but still worth the celebration.



No comments:

Post a Comment