Monday, January 6, 2020

Flower Chain Seed Bead Experience


*Original Photo Taken*

I go back and forth a lot when it comes to the craft projects I choose to bring to life. Sometimes it doesn’t last like you thought it would and the ones that you thought were hard can be taught. The most recent one I tried was by doing the flower chain seed bead bracelet. I won’t entirely go into instruction mode because it’s easy once you learn how to do it but it’s a little different. It involves a needle to get the blossom that is desired. I even looked up these items on Etsy and while not very many of them are of the popular kind, best seller or from a selling standard, they are very nice and actually do sell from all kinds of prices.

What I liked about it, was that it was a little outside my usual comfort zone for me to try this. I don’t sew but I can stitch something back together if I really had to, if a shirt got a hole or something. It was also complex finding the exact colors I needed for both the stem part and petals. Maybe in the future, to keep getting good at it, I will be less settling. I used Czech beads instead of my usual Toho seed beads. I did this because the first type comes in a lot more beads, which is needed for anything you want to do for this project. You can even make a necklace out of it. I also used lobster clasps, which is a first for me, because it’s a nice finish and every video shown uses them for it.

I recommend this activity because it makes a cute friendship piece or for oneself.


No comments:

Post a Comment